Monday 13 January 2014

Dialysis and Fluid

Saturday    2014/01/11

Told Nurse D UF goal is zero, had been for 3 months (previously when fluid was taken, I had cramps and my limbs stiffen and locking up, the pain would last more than  24 hours), with much difficulty and involving a doctor, UF zero was on the machine. Every bit of situation would fluctuate my blood pressure which is hyper sensitive. Today is no difference.

In the end of the session, after toilet, my weight on the scale was 100g more. With good intention, for the gained 100g, D gave me a severe lecture on the importance of fluid taking.

Mind you, the fact was, as usual, the fluid math is this: the prime, the wish back, the permacath (catheter) saline flush injections and the drink and sandwich I had, together would weigh at least 500g. Facts show my body still has the ability handling fluid, at least for now.  The urine excretion rate for me on the machine was at least  3.55ml/hour/kg, actually if I was given 1 more hour, the 100g would be out. By the way, the scale incremental is 100g. One would think reasoning with people of science would be easier, I have to find it out the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment