Wednesday 15 January 2014

Dialysis About Town

Tuesday    2014/01/14

The day started on a positive  note. On the way to dialysis, a prescription left by doctor M at the pharmacy in the mother hospital was picked up without glitch. On Saturday the doctor couldn’t get the proof from Canberra, the record showed that he left it there bright and early Monday morning. For his diligence, I salute him.

Then the day went pear shaped. When I got to dialysis centre P, I find that I was not expected. Obviously the knowledge of mine coming was lost somewhere in the communication tunnel. Earlier in the day, some old equipment nearly caught fire, and the power was off. There was chaos. They were not thrilled to see me, my surprise appearance only added to their woes.

After some phone calls, I was let in and told where to go for the next couple of times. Half way into dialysis, the power was off again which caused more inconvenience. But that is a story for another day. Before long, when nurse S tried to send my med info to centre S where I was going next, only to find out that they didn’t know I was coming either. Needless to say, there goes another round of phone calls and haggling. I was told once more of the new direction. Hopefully this time the plan will hold.

One has to cop a lot dialysing about town. I used to come to P for a month and half which I enjoyed very much. At least in here I wasn’t getting the third degree for my sensitive body and quirky medical treatment as elsewhere. At P I could dialyse in peace and tranquillity. But suddenly one day, I was out, the reason given was sketchy. To this day, what evoked the eviction was a mystery to me. Hand on my heart, I know I didn’t do anything wrong. One would never know that a sick patient has to encounter so much politic, over current and under current seeking medical treatment.

Coming back to P brought back a lot of memory, this night sleep escaped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment