Monday 10 March 2014

Inconvenient Truth of Haemodialysis – Extra Catheter Required

Monday   2014-03-10    

My legs and feet cramped terribly in the last 10 minutes of today’s dialysis, my calf was as hard as stone and I couldn’t help cried out in pain. My woes are piling up day by day. A part from this place, the previous time I had cramp was when my UF goal was more than 500ml early Oct 2013.

The nurses were attentive and nice, brought juice to my mouth saying would help the cramp. Fear for hurting their feelings, I drunk the juice. After a few minutes the cramp moved up to my stomach   the cold liquid pulled my entrails and pained like hell. Watching me in agony helplessly, my woeful state wrung the heart of my beloved.  It took 2 and half hours curling up in bed for the pain to go away.

This morning they asked me how I felt, I said I didn’t want to hurt their feelings, but the fact was I began feel worse when I got to their place. Interpreted in their own way they said that I would feel better after I did longer hours for longer in the future. I can’t believe how diluted they are. As a matter of record I told them all my woes that I was lethargic and feeling miserable after dialysis in recent times and how difficult having lunch afterwards for me was. They advised me lying down first before eating. Follow their advice I would become a mummy, how could I defend myself then physically.

I told them how I feel constantly having the false sensation of wanting to pee even just coming out of the loo and peed about 500ml and how I was holding back my urine due to my inconvenience of wearing a dialysis catheter until 3 sessions ago they allowed me a pan. As if they didn’t hear me, saying that I shouldn’t hold back urine which was not good for me, totally oblivious that it was not by choice.

They simply can’t understand what I was talking about and how I felt. Since they allowed me the pan I have taken full advantage of it. Today I used it twice within 3 and half hours and peed 300ml + 150ml and another 200ml straight after the session. However the peeing sensation didn’t go away. My opinion is my urine was produced too past, my bladder can’t handle it.

They gave me many advice most of which made me worse, if they advised me putting in a second catheter (urinary) in me I probably would have a go.


I may even take up their advice and ask for 3 pans next time not holding back any urine, by then they will indeed give me another catheter saving them from running  my toilet trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment