Saturday 22 February 2014

Dialysis Blood Volume Monitor (BVM) – Lie Detector

Friday 2014-02-21

Dialysis risks, I was put on lie detector today.

Hooked up with Fresenius 4008S which is comparatively a modern piece of equipment with a blood volume monitor, my body fluid was put to the test. After they’ve seen my blood pressure, my weight before and after dialysis and toilet, they still need scientific proof with the specifically for me borrowed BVM, which I called a lie detector. Today is the second time I was put to test on a machine with BVM since I started roaming around various centres. The funniest thing was that Centre P which have the most advanced machinery was the least concerned about my UF zero goal and I was allowed to dialyse in peace.



The medical professionals I met, most of whom like to link high blood pressure with body fluid retention, the same is true with the current training centre where I am now.  I hope after they watched the screen they got what they want. By the way my UF goal remains at zero.

Ironically, my fellow training patient would benefit much more from the machine than I did. The other day she finished halfway because of severe cramping. If the machine were hooked up with her, the speed of fluid taking could be monitored, and experienced nurse could prevent the patient from loosing fluid too fast, thus causing things such as cramps or hypotension.

Note: 3 months after this, I was put on BVM again ...
                                 "Dialysis Blood Volume Monitor (BVM) - Probing me again "
   

            

No comments:

Post a Comment